1000 Islands Drive-In
Watch the stars under the stars.
Sit back, relax and pretend you’ve gone back in time at the 1000 Islands Drive-In. On one of two screens, you can catch the latest blockbusters beneath the skies.
- What’s a movie without fresh, piping-hot popcorn? Be sure to check out the venue’s snackbar.
- Admission pricing varies. Carload pricing is available.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance.
- Movies start at different times depending on when you visit. The first film usually starts around sunset.
What You’ll See
- At the same location – The Silver Cinema, Gananoque’s No.1 family fun destination with indoor cinema, laser tag and play structure
View All Details About This Activity
See the latest blockbusters from the comfort of your own vehicle.
- The 1000 Islands Drive-In boasts a 56-foot-wide x 28-foot-tall projection screen
- There’s space for about 100 cars
- Tickets can be purchased in advance. Just email email@example.com and specify the day you’d like to come.
- Dogs are welcome
- The Drive-In opens in April, so if you’re visiting during the cooler months, it just means you’ll have to come back!
“We had a great time at the drive-in! Nice big screen and lots of food/snack options to choose from.”
“Great place to watch movies, especially on dates. Real good concession prices, very friendly staff, they will even jumpstart your car after it dies from watching the movie too long. Very cheap tickets, and they have tons of movies for sale. Even new ones for as little as $5. They also have some purchasable items such as movie stickers and collectibles. Great place, highly recommended.”
“Peter and his son at 1000 Islands Drive In were truly amazing and attentive to my needs as a medically at risk person. They have a really wide assortment of theatre goodies from popcorn, soda and chocolate to fries, ice cream and other treats. They also have a massive selection of rentals - perfect for the cottage in the summer months. You can also rent out their indoor theatre which seats by my account 80 for a private event. Thank you 1000 Islands cinema. I will be back.”
Yes, dogs are welcome. The Drive-In just asks that all dogs be leashed when they are out of the car and to pick up after them.
The movies start at different times throughout the season. The first film typically starts around sunset.
The Drive-In strongly recommends you buying your snacks from its snack bar. No profit is made off movie tickets. On average, more than 60 per cent of the movie ticket sales go back to the film’s studio (Disney, Universal, etc.). The rest goes to the staff, hydro, etc.
Accommodations, Castle Tours, Cruising, Entertainment, Restaurants, Travel Media, Travel Trade
Entertainment, Live Theatre, Travel Media, Travel Trade
Accommodations, Entertainment, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, Thrill Seekers