Live Waterfront Theatre
A first-class, live theatre experience.
“Canada’s Dockside Theatre” welcomes more than 44,000 tourists and area residents each year. Here, you can enjoy professional theatre that entertains, engages and inspires.
- CBC Radio has named the theatre as “The most charming theatre in Canada.”
- The Playhouse is home to two fully-renovated historic venues side-by-side
- 80-90 per cent of each season’s programming features home-grown professional talent
- One of the top five summer festivals in Ontario
- Subscriptions are available (perfect if you’re sticking around all summer!)
What You’ll See
- Two fully-renovated historical buildings on the banks of the St. Lawrence River
- Canadian and international works
- Classic and contemporary plays
- Beautiful views of the St. Lawrence River
View All Details About This Activity
Sit back and enjoy the show!
- Theatre showcases seven professional productions each season
- Two fully-accessible venues
- Well-known on the national theatre sene and considered one of the top live theatre experiences in the province
- Come as you are! There’s no need for formal wear.
- Have a boat? The theatre offers complimentary docking.
“The perfect place to get away and enjoy a show. The talent here is beyond and the staff and volunteers are fantastic. It’s great to have such an amazing and beautiful theatre in our community.”
“Never had an experience I didn't enjoy. If you need accessible parking drive right up to the entrance and ask. Often there is a golf cart waiting, or one will be returning, to take you down the steep hill to the theatre. Otherwise plan that your visit will include a short walk of 10 minutes or so from one of the many (one-way) streets in the area. Arrive early to enjoy the view over the river and some of the Thousand Islands. It will likely be breezy whatever the time of year so on a hot day expect cooler weather.”
“We saw the comedy Perfect Wedding. The venue is a perfect size. There were no mics yet we could hear everything easily. The actors were amazing. The show was well written. We will definitely be going back for more shows even with the minor inconvenience of the border crossing. Everyone was very friendly.”
No. The Thousand Islands Playhouse wants you to be as comfortable as possible during your visit to the theatre and suggest that you simply dress appropriately for the season. Both theatres are air-conditioned so ensure you have appropriate clothing to stay comfortable during the show.
Springer Theatre: The theatre’s licensed concession opens two hours prior to performance times (and during intermission if applicable). Refreshments cannot be brought into the theatre at this time.
Firehall Theatre: The theatre’s licensed concession opens one hour prior to performance times (and during intermission if applicable). Refreshments are currently permitted inside the theatre.
Babes-in-arms and children under the age of two are not permitted in the theatre. Unless advertised as a CHILDREN & FAMILY show, the Thousand Islands Playhouse discourages attendance by any child unable to sit quietly through a performance. A ticket must be purchased for a child attending a performance. Please contact the Box Office and speak with one of their representatives regarding the content and length of the production to determine if it seems suitable for your child. Should your child become restless during the performance, management may ask you to leave the theatre.