In 1967, Sandy MacLachlan created the Woodworking Museum as a Centennial Project. To house the collection, he dismantled an 1855 log house, originally built by the White family in Lanark County, and moved it to Princess Street in Kingston, Ontario. There it operated as a privately‐owned museum for over a decade. The MacLachlan Woodworking Museum holds the most extensive, nationally significant collection of woodworking tools in Canada.
2993 Hwy 2 East, Kingston, ON K7L 4V1